Thank you for visiting the website of Quality Filth L.L.C. (“Quality Filth”).
Quality Filth is a limited liability company whose mission is to produce refreshing political satire for free thinkers bored with the right-left tennis match. As such, all content on this website is satirical in nature, as more fully provided below.
The original content we create on the website, including satirical interviews and skits, is complete bullshit, which means it is all made up. As a result, the content does not represent an accurate factual representation of true to life events or the public figures we make fun of in the content. As such, you should not rely on any original satirical content we create on our website.
Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, we are not responsible for any content, communications, information, or other materials posted, submitted, communicated, shared, discussed or otherwise generated through blogs, discussion boards, or other public areas of our website (“User Generated Content”), nor do we guarantee its truthfulness, accuracy or completeness. Any actions you take or do not take based on or related to User Generated Content are solely at your own risk.
Any public areas of the website are intended to facilitate open communication and discussion. If you post, submit, share, disseminate, or respond to User Generated Content, however, you agree that:
- User Generated Content will not (i) be defamatory, harassing, threatening, obscene, pornographic, or invasive of privacy, (ii) be illegal, encourage illegal activity, violate of the rights of others, or otherwise give rise to liability, (iii) be confidential or proprietary, or infringe any third-party intellectual property rights and, (iv) in particular, be copyright protected (unless you have full permission to publish it under the terms hereof from the copyright owner).
- You are solely responsible for the User Generated Content and your failure to comply with the foregoing.
- We have the right (but assume no obligation) to monitor, delete, move, or edit any User Generated Content that we consider inappropriate or unacceptable for any reason.
- You grant to us, and to each user of the website, a global, nonexclusive, unlimited license to publish, reproduce, sell, display, perform, disclose, distribute, use, edit or modify the User Generated Content, and any ideas, concepts or techniques embodied in the User Generated Content, for any purpose whatsoever, and you waive any and all moral rights you may have in the foregoing.
As between you and Quality Filth, all right, title and interest in the website (including all copyrights, trademarks and other intellectual property rights) belongs to Quality Filth or its licensors. In addition, the names, images, pictures, logos, icons and other marks identifying our products and services in many countries are proprietary marks of Quality Filth. Except as expressly provided below, nothing contained herein should be construed as conferring any license or right, by implication, estoppel or otherwise, under copyright or other intellectual property rights.
You are hereby granted a nonexclusive, nontransferable, limited license to view and use information from the website (i) solely for your personal, informational, non-commercial purposes, (ii) on the terms herein, (iii) provided that you do not modify or alter the content in any way, and (iv) provided that you do not delete or change any copyright or trademark notice.
Except as expressly provided herein, no part of the website, including but not limited to materials retrieved and the underlying code, may be reproduced, republished, copied, transmitted, or distributed in any form or by any means. In no event should materials from the website be stored in any information storage and retrieval system without prior written permission from Quality Filth.
In addition, you may only use the website if you agree not to take any action that might (i) interfere with the website’s proper working, (ii) impose an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on the website’s infrastructure, (iii) compromise the website’s security, (iv) render the site’s features inaccessible to others, (v) cause other damage to the website or any content, or (vi) launch any automated system, including without limitation, any “robot,” “spider,” or “offline reader” that sends more requests to the site’s server(s) in a given period of time than a human can reasonably generate using a conventional web browser.
Use, duplication, or disclosure by or for the United States Government is subject to the restrictions set forth in DFARS 252.227-7013(c)(1)(ii) and FAR 52.227-19.
“Covered Parties” means Quality Filth (including affiliated and other related entities), its members, business partners and other entities participating in the website, and its and their officers, directors, partners, principals, managers, members, employees, contractors, agents, successors, and assigns.
THE WEBSITE IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS,” “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS AND THE COVERED PARTIES EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF OTHER TERMS HEREIN, THE COVERED PARTIES ALSO DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, RESPONSIBILITY AND LIABILITY FOR ANY LOSS, INJURY, CLAIM, LIABILITY, OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND RESULTING FROM, ARISING OUT OF OR ANY WAY RELATED TO (A) ANY ERRORS IN OR OMISSIONS FROM THE WEBSITE AND ITS CONTENT, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO TECHNICAL INACCURACIES AND TYPOGRAPHICAL ERRORS, (B) USER GENERATED CONTENT, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY ERRORS IN OR OMISSIONS THEREIN, (C) ANY THIRD PARTY WEBSITES OR CONTENT THEREIN DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY ACCESSED THROUGH LINKS IN OUR WEBSITE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY ERRORS IN OR OMISSIONS THEREIN, (D) THE UNAVAILABILITY OF THE WEBSITE OR ANY PORTION THEREOF, (E) YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE, (F) VIRUSES OR OTHER DAMAGING FACTORS, OR (G) YOUR USE OF ANY EQUIPMENT OR SOFTWARE IN CONNECTION WITH THE WEBSITE.
EXCEPT IN THE CASE OF PUBLIC FIGURES WHO WE PARODY ON THIS WEBSITE, ALL OF WHICH IS PROTECTED SPEECH UNDER THE FIRST AMENDMENT, THE REMAINING NAMES, CHARACTERS, PLACES, AND/OR INCIDENTS ARE PRODUCTS OF QUALITY FILTH’S IMAGINATION OR ARE USED FICTITIOUSLY. ANY RESEMBLANCE TO THE NAME, ATTRIBUTES, OR BACKGROUND OF ANY ACTUAL PERSON, LIVING OR DEAD, OR TO ANY ACTUAL EVENT INVOLVING A REAL PERSON, OR TO ANY EXISTING COMPANY, IS ENTIRELY COINCIDENTAL AND UNINTENTIONAL.
The Covered Parties are and will not be liable for any damages, including but not limited to any direct, indirect, incidental, special, reliance, or consequential damages of any kind whatsoever (including, without limitation, attorneys’ fees, lost profits, savings, or data), in any way due to, resulting from, or arising in connection with our website, including their content and your use thereof, regardless of any negligence or fault of any of the Covered Parties, and whether or not apprised of the possibility of such damages. In no event will the aggregate liability of any of Covered Parties related to your use of the website, User Generated Content, or their other content be greater than $100.00.
You agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Covered Parties from any losses, damages, claims, or liabilities of any nature, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, arising from your use of the website, User Generated Content, or their other content, or your breach of the terms hereof.
Quality Filth is committed to complying with U.S. copyright and related laws, and requires all customers and users of the Service to comply with these laws. Owners of copyrighted works who believe that their rights under U.S. copyright law have been infringed may take advantage of certain provisions of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 (the “DMCA”) to report alleged infringements.
In the event that you claim to be the copyright owner of any content, you agree to immediately notify Quality Filth of any claimed copyright infringement. You further agree to provide Quality Filth’s copyright agent the following information as required by the DMCA, Title 17, U.S.C. § 512:
- your physical or electronic signature or that of a person authorized to act on behalf of you, the purported owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
- identification of the copyright or work claimed to have been infringed, or a multiple copyrighted work at a single online site or covered by a single notification, or a representative list of such works at that site;
- identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material;
- information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact you, the complaining party, or the person authorized to act on your behalf;
- a statement that you, the complaining party, have a good faith belief that the use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by you the copyright owner, your agent, or the law; and
- a statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of you, the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed. Quality Filth’s Copyright Agent for notice of claims of copyright infringement on or relating to the website can be reached by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Quality Filth will respond expeditiously to either directly or indirectly (i) remove the allegedly infringing work(s) stored on the website or (ii) disable access to the work(s). Quality Filth will also notify the affected customer or user of the Service of the removal or disabling of access to the work(s). Copyright owners may use their own notification of claimed infringement form that satisfies the requirements of Section 512(c)(3) of the U.S. Copyright Act. Under the DMCA, anyone who knowingly makes misrepresentations regarding alleged copyright infringement may be liable to Quality Filth, the alleged infringer, and the affected copyright owner for any damages incurred in connection with the removal, blocking, or replacement of allegedly infringing material.
If you receive a notification of alleged infringement as described above, and you believe in good faith that the allegedly infringing works have been removed or blocked by mistake or misidentification, then you may send a counter notification to Quality Filth. Upon Quality Filth’s receipt of a counter notification that satisfies the DMCA requirements, Quality Filth will provide a copy of the counter notification to the person who sent the original notification of claimed infringement and will follow the DMCA’s procedures with respect to a received counter notification. In all events, you expressly agree that Quality Filth will not be a party to any disputes or lawsuits regarding alleged copyright infringement.
If a notification of claimed infringement has been filed against you, you can file a counter notification with Quality Filth designated agent using the contact information shown above. All counter notifications must satisfy the requirements of Section 512(g)(3) of the U.S. Copyright Act.
All original satirical written or visual material created by Quality Filth, or its agents, including fictional interviews or otherwise, is protected by the Copyright Act, including the doctrine of fair use.